5 Date Ideas That Double As Great Ways Of Getting In Some Exercise
- 4 Mins Read
- Written by: Team Good Health By Yourself
Being in love is, by far, one of the best feelings in the world. Having someone to watch your back and support you through all the ups and downs in life is a blessing. You’d like to cherish this person, and what better day to do it on than on valentine’s day.
Take your significant other on a date this Valentine’s day to spice up your romance. Planning a dinner and a movie for date night? Stop, break the monotony and get creative! Here are some creative ideas for date night. In addition to this, these ideas will guarantee an improvement in health and make sure that you have a fun time!
Trekking your heart out
Admit it, something is satisfying about viewing the summit from the top of a mountain after an arduous trek. Imagine this, you’re standing with your partner, watching the sunset and the city sprawled beneath you. Now, that’s romantic! Trekking is not only a great way to bond with your significant other but has numerous health benefits. Since trekking involves a lot of walking, climbing, and descending on uneven terrains it helps boost your heart health and stamina. Furthermore, all the walking will help strengthen your leg muscles. Try trekking to create memorable moments and improve your overall health.
Skydiving for love
Skydiving has been on every couple’s bucket list for quite some time now. This valentine’s day scratches it off your bucket list. We can promise you that those 10 minutes of skydiving will be etched in your memories forever. Adventure sports like skydiving are beneficial for both physical and mental health. Apart from this, skydiving proves to be a great way to relieve stress and improve mood.
Kayaking towards relationship goals
Time to scratch kayaking off your bucket list as well! Kayaking is a great way to have fun and get that adrenaline flowing through your body. Being an adventure sport, kayaking is a great way to make some memories and improve your overall health. The constant rowing motion that is required to move your kayak forward works out your arms, core, and chest muscles. In addition, this burns a ton of calories and is good for your cardiovascular health. Just you and your partner rowing into the horizon as the setting sun paints the sky orange. Now, that’s a date to remember!
Become a power couple
An oldie but goodie! If both you and your partners are workout freaks, taking them on dates that involve flexing their muscles might be a good choice. But don’t just simply take them to the gym for a workout date. That’s so cliche! Try something new instead. Here’s how to make a perfect date!
- The deadlift challenge: If you both enjoy lifting in the gym then this challenge is for you. The rules are simple. Both participants will start at a low weight and increase the weight as they progress. The one who lifts the heaviest weight wins. The loser has to listen to their partner’s every request for a week
- Trampoline workouts: Try visiting a trampoline park and attempt to do flips and other cool moves. It will be an experience like no other for your significant other
- Cycling Race: No harm and foul in a little competition right! Enroll yourselves in a cycling race that’s happening around valentines day or just race each other. Try setting a medium-distance route that takes you through the city and some natural trails
Hope these couple workout ideas help you in planning a perfect workout date!
Dancing as a date night
Be it be proper dance forms like salsa, Zumba, or just jiving on the dance floor, any dance form is a great way to get in some exercise and have fun at the same time. Half an hour of dancing is shown to burn up to 400 calories! Furthermore, dancing has numerous benefits for your overall health, such as:
- Improved cardiovascular health: Studies show dance lowers the risk of heart disease and hypertension
- Increased flexibility and agility
- Improved muscle strength and tone
- Better coordination and reflexes
- Reduced risk of diabetes
- Improved brain function
Hitting the dance floor on your date night is quite a unique way to woo your partner. Try making a playlist of your partner’s favorite songs and dance to your heart’s content.
We hope you found all these creative ideas unique and romantic. However, it is important to remember that as thrilling as they may be without proper guidance these activities may put you and your partner in danger.
Ensure your safety before venturing for such activities. We wish that you have a memorable and magical evening this Valentine’s Day!
- Allan J et al. Health and wellbeing in an outdoor and adventure sports context. Sports. 2020 Apr;8(4):50.
- Alpert PT. The health benefits of dance. Home Health Care Management & Practice. 2011 Apr;23(2):155-7.