5 Healthy Romantic Meals To Make At Home This Valentine's Day
Wondering how to make this Valentine's day special for your partner? Treat them to a special meal. After all, it is said that the way to someone's heart is through their stomach.
Fancy restaurants and outings can probably take a toll on your wallet and health. So why not cook some delicious meals and surprise your partner with your cooking skills! Here are some easy and healthy valentine's day recipes you can prepare and enjoy the day in a cozy setting.
This is a salad recipe that is filled with aphrodisiacs. This recipe is simple and delicious and your partner is sure to love it!
You will need:
- 4 cups baby salad greens
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 2 chopped green onions
- 6 sliced strawberries
- 12 fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Chopped walnuts and almonds(seasoned)
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup seasoned croutons
- Herbed vinaigrette salad dressing to taste
How to make it?
- Take a large bowl and toss together the salad greens, carrot, green onions, strawberries, garlic, walnuts, almond slices, and feta cheese. Divide between two salad bowls.
- Top each bowl with some croutons and serve with vinaigrette dressing.
Spaghetti Carbonara with Peas
This is a low-fat and low-calorie valentine's day recipe as compared to ordinary spaghetti and is also rich in fibers. Here's how to make this healthy alternative.
You will need:
- 4 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup frozen peas-thawed
- 2 small cloves of garlic minced
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bacon strips
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
How to make it?
- Take a large saucepan and bring water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until just tender. Right before the spaghetti is cooked, add in the peas and garlic.
- While the spaghetti is getting cooked, you can start with the egg mixture. Add egg, 1/4 cup Parmesan, salt, and pepper, and whisk until combined.
- You can also add bacon to the egg mixture.
- Immediately stir the pasta, peas, and 6 tablespoons of water into the egg mixture. Stir quickly so that the egg doesn't scramble.
- Let stand 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, to thicken the sauce.
- Serve in two separate bowls. You can add some cheese as a topping to it.
Chicken with artichokes and mushrooms
This moist, juicy and fresh recipe is sure to make your partner happy. Let's get started.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon capers
How to make it?
- To begin, season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken in oil and butter for a couple of minutes per side until golden brown. Set aside.
- Saute the mushrooms and artichokes in the skillet until well cooked.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, and pour in reserved artichoke liquid and wine.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Stir in capers, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; serve immediately.
This recipe is a simple, one-skillet meal that requires very little effort.
- 1 orange
- 10 ounces Pacific sole, or tilapia fillets
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
How to make
- Remove the skin, pith, and white membranes from the orange and separate each slice into a bowl.
- Season both sides of fillets with salt and pepper.
- Add the fillets to a skillet and cook the fish. Gently flip and cook until the fish is opaque in the center and just cooked through.
- Divide between 2 serving plates; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add butter to the pan and melt over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until soft. Add vinegar and the orange sections and juice.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish and sprinkle each portion with pecans and dill. Serve immediately.
Tacos with veggies and black beans
Want to make something special for your partner but are busy? This super easy dish is just what you require.
- 1 cup roasted root vegetables-your choice
- Cooked or canned black beans, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin and chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt and ground pepper
- 4 corn tortillas, lightly toasted or warmed
- ½ avocado, cut into 8 slices
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
How to make
- Combine roasted root vegetables, beans, oil, cumin, chili powder, coriander, salt, and pepper in a saucepan and cook over medium to low heat.
- Add the mixture to the tortillas. Top with avocado and serve with lime wedges.
- Garnish with cilantro and/or salsa, if desired.
With this, we hope you are well-equipped for making a delicious Valentine's day meal that leaves your partner licking their lips. So, start planning today. Happy cooking!
Click here for more recipes and information on nutrition.
Did you like our Article?
- Romance-in-a-Bowl Salad Recipe Available at https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/69866/romance-in-a-bowl-salad/#nutrition
- Romantic Chicken with Artichokes and Mushrooms Recipe Available at https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/20704/romantic-chicken-with-artichokes-and-mushrooms/
- Romantic Dinners for Two | EatingWell Available at https://www.eatingwell.com/gallery/13068/romantic-dinners-for-two/