Effective Food Combinations For A Healthy Gut
- 2 mins read
- Written by: Jillian Lai Mei Siew
A healthy gut is a ‘warm welcome’ to good health. Providing the gut with a food combination diet can help your gut stay healthy. If you have poor digestion, opt for a healthy “food combination diet” which can help you achieve optimum health and boost digestion and absorption of nutrients.
What is a ‘food combination diet’?
Food combination diets are based on the idea that eating certain foods separately from others can aid in digestion to support weight loss and overall health. The principles of food combining are similar to that of an ancient Ayurvedic diet, which suggests that combining certain foods together such as those that are raw and cooked can slow the digestive process and lead to certain health conditions.
There can be different variations of food combination diets, but in general, the rules are similar. Certain food combinations such as protein and grains are allowed, while others protein and starch are forbidden.
Change the way your gut works with a food combination diet.
Keeping your gut in a healthy state can definitely have a positive impact on your body and mind too. A healthy mind breeds a healthy body and vice versa. So, switch today to these fad foods of the best combination diet and make a style statement for your gut !!!
Understand the science behind your gut: Embrace the power-packed ‘Food Combination diet’ today!
Your gut carries out functions of digestion, absorption, and assimilation. Yes, you guessed it right, digestion is the first step of gut functioning. Ease your gut with an easily digested food combination diet that can help you stay healthy. A healthy gut that digests food well is a must for healthy absorption of vitamins which is important for immunity.
Go easy on gut with the ‘Food Combination diet’
The gut functions day in and out, round the clock, 24/7. Take care not to overload your gut with unhealthy indigestible foods which can result in many problems like:
● Bloating /Flatulence
● Disturbed motions
● Burps /Eructations
● Pain in abdomen
These are just 7 symptoms that may lead to major problems like gastritis, ulcer, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and many other gut issues.
Gut problems = One solution “Food Combination diet”
Now that you know the importance of a healthy and happy gut, we will introduce you to some “Food Combination diet.” Some power-packed foods with this diet can really help you change and modify your lifestyle and keep gut issues at bay.
Let us take a look at the “Food Combination diet” tricks for a healthy gut
Food Combination with fruits
Thinking of which fruits you can combine to ease digestion? Well, here is a trick
● Combine acidic fruits with non-acidic fruits
For example Grapes + Banana
● Fruits can be combined with each other. Many of us have indulged in a fruit salad.
● Eat fruits only until noon
Food Combination with vegetables
Leafy green vegetables are the ‘best go-staple’ that can be combined with all foods. They are magical and star food of the “Food Combination diet”
Food Combination to get enough proteins
Pair up the proteins with the non-starchy vegetables. Non-starchy vegetables are protein friendly and help in the proper digestion of food
Some non-starchy vegetables which can be combined with eggs or meat are as follows:● Cauliflower
● Celery Lettuce
Food Combination for grains
Couple up grains with starchy vegetables.
Potatoes + wheat
Make sure that you put the four power-packed “Food Combination diet” into your diet for a healthy gut
1. Food Combining Diet: Pros, Cons, and What You Can Eat Available at https://www.verywellfit.com/combination-diet-for-weight-loss-4156226 Accessed on 6 July 2021
2. Does Food Combining Work? Fact or Fiction Available at https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/food-combining Accessed on 6 July 2021
3. Golay A, et al. Similar weight loss with low-energy food combining or balanced diets. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2000 Apr;24(4):492-6.
4. We Found Out What ‘Food Combining’ Is (And If It Actually Works) Available at https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/09/05/we-found-out-what-food-combining-is-and-if-it-actually-works_a_21465909/ Accessed on 6 July 2021