Healthy Breakfast-In-Bed Ideas For The Valentine’s Weekend
Every day feels like Valentine’s day when you’re with the love of your life, but that shouldn’t stop you from making grand gestures or finding humble ways to express your love on this day. The magic of Valentine’s day lies in the small things and considering this, food is always a major attraction.
Celebrating Valentine’s day can be a sugary affair with chocolates, cakes, and desserts which can be a big no-no for your and your partner’s health.
If you choose to cook up a lovely, healthy, and tasty breakfast at home you can evade the guilt of eating outside. Making your breakfast with personal touches just the way your partner enjoys it can be a great way to begin your Valentine’s day. A humble breakfast bed is all you’ll need to make your partner smile from ear-to-ear first thing in the morning! So let’s get started with ideas to make V Day more special for you and your partner.
Here are some easy and delicious recipes for you to try on Valentine’s day.
1. Smoked Salmon Frittata
Frittata is an Italian dish with eggs being the main component. It is a delicious and healthy dish that is perfect for breakfast!
- 1 leek, diced
- 1 cup diced scallions
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup yogurt, (dairy-free yogurt will also do)
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh dill
- 250 g smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
- 120 g goat cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a pan on medium heat, add some olive oil and toss in the diced leeks, onions, and scallions. Toss them until they are translucent and place them aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together 10 whole eggs and 1 cup of yogurt. To this batter add the tossed vegetables, smoked salmon pieces, goat’s cheese, parsley, dill, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Heat a deep pan over low heat, add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Pour the mixture into the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes until the sides start to separate from the pan.
- Now transfer this pan to an oven on broiler mode for 8-10 minutes so that the top gets nicely golden brown.
- Top with some herbs and serve!
2. Blueberry Chia Pudding With Figs And Hazelnuts
Blueberries are filled with antioxidants. Chia seeds, figs, and hazelnuts are all fibrous and nutritious ingredients perfect for breakfast.
- 350g full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 figs
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl combine pureed blueberries, chia seeds, chopped hazelnuts, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut milk. Mix well. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it overnight.
- In the morning, scoop the pudding into a transparent bowl/glass top with fresh cut figs, hazelnuts, and maple syrup while serving.
3. Paleo Pancakes
Here’s how you can woo your partner with these healthy pancakes!
- ½ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ghee, butter, or coconut oil
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients (except ghee, butter, or coconut oil)
- Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine without overmixing the batter.
- On medium heat, place a pan and coat it with the fat of your choice.
- Scoop the pancake batter on the pan and let it cook for 2-3 mins before flipping. Cook on both sides and serve with bananas, cream, and maple syrup.
4. Breakfast Egg Muffin
Nutritious, tasty and so healthy! Let’s see how to make these breakfast egg muffins!
- 10 large eggs
- Salt, pepper, and herbs to taste
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup steamed baby broccoli
- ½ cup green spring onions chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes cut in quarters
- 2 tbsp Butter
- In a large bowl combine the whole eggs, salt, pepper, and herb of your choice. Whisk until fluffy.
- Coat a muffin tray with some butter, add some baby broccoli, cherry tomatoes, green spring onions, and cheddar cheese each in small quantities.
- Now pour the egg mixture into the muffin molds until 90% full.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 20-25 minutes.
- Once cooked, separate from the mold and serve hot.
5. Acai Bowl
Acai berries are loved for their antioxidant benefits and flavor. Let’s see how to prepare this recipe.
- 2 packets of unsweetened frozen acai
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 banana
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- Toppings: chia seeds, coconut flakes, mixed berries, cacao nibs, cashew nuts, etc.
- Blend together the frozen acai berries, frozen mixed fruits, banana, cashew milk, and almond butter until turned into a thick smooth paste.
- Pout it into a bowl and top with toppings of your choice like cashew nuts, chia seeds, cocoa nibs, berries, or coconut flakes.
Make these delicious breakfast recipes for your partner, you know they deserve it! These fresh and nutritious recipes can surely add a loving touch to your valentine’s day. So go on and celebrate this valentine’s day with love, health, and peace for you and your partner.
- Gibney, Michael J et al. “Breakfast in Human Nutrition: The International Breakfast Research Initiative.” Nutrients vol. 10,5 559. 1 May. 2018.