How To Fight Sickness With Fitness?
- 1 mins Read
- Active Living
- Dr. Pramod Mane
Exercise plays a vital role in maintaining a healthy immune system. Fitness can help maximize the strength of our defenses and our ability to recover. Here are a few factors that research has noted:
- Says research published in the ‘Journal of Sport and Health Science’, exercise training has an anti-inflammatory influence on your body.
- According to the ‘British Journal of Sports Medicine’, adults who engaged in aerobic exercise at least five days per week had 43% fewer days with upper respiratory symptoms as compared with others.
- Says a study in the journal ‘Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise’, even a single exercise session can positively affect your immune system.
Here’s what you can do:
- Just a 30-minute stroll (a brisk walk) around the
- Be consistent, even if it is only a half-hour walk every
- Gyms and fitness facilities are now reopening but be sure your gym is following all of the best practices as it relates to
- While we may expect our gym to do their best to exceed mandated sanitisation standards, we have to be personally responsible to support the necessary