Infections? Fight Back With Yoga
- 1 mins Read
- Written by: Dr. Pramod Mane
Says research published in the ‘International Journal of Yoga’, “Yoga resists the autonomic changes and impairment of cellular immunity seen in stress.”
A strong immune system can fight viruses, preventing serious manifestations of the illness.
Here are a few things that yoga can do for your health:
- Asanas that open the chest and throat are good for stimulating the
- Those that involve inversion can help improve the flow of lymph and immune
- Twisting asanas can help activate the spleen and the lymph nodes, the secondary organs of the immune
- Yoga can also help fight oxidative stress, improve respiration, sleep, and spirituality that helps us feel grounded in daily
Here are a few asanas or poses that you can try to boost immunity:
Sukhasana & Pranayam: It allows optimal breathing and movement of prana or the life force energy throughout the body.
It helps the body breathe deeply, reduces stress, and bolsters the immune system.
Shalabhasana or the locust pose: It enhances blood circulation in the intestine and rectal muscles, which will improve digestion and give stronger immunity.
Anuvittasana or standing backbend: The backbend poses detoxify the adrenal glands and boost immunity.