Kale Pesto, The Health Guardian
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cups kale, stems removed
- 3 tbsp walnuts
- 3 tbsp cashewnuts
- 2 tbsp sunflower, pumpkin, watermelon seeds powdered
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp nutritional yeast (if you want it to be vegan) or ¼ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt (plus more to taste)
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-6 tbsp water (plus more as needed).
- In a food processor or small blender, add the basil, parsley, kale, seeds, nuts, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast/cheese, and sea salt and blend on high until a loose paste forms.
- Add olive oil a little at a time and scrape down sides as needed.
- Then add 1 tbsp of water at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Taste and adjust flavour to your preference. Store covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days
Did you like our Article?