Lose Your Belly Fat With These Diet Foods
- 4 mins read
- Diet and Healthy Food
- Jillian Lai Mei Siew
Ever thought about why you have belly fat? The reason behind this is that the entire digestive process takes place in the abdomen. This makes the belly a highly prone area to accumulate fat. Fat has a higher tendency to store in the abdomen which is called “visceral fat” or “truncal obesity.”
There is a solution to “melt away” that fat in the right way. It involves weight loss and a healthy diet. Let us understand more about belly fat and how to lose it.
Causes of belly fat accumulation
The majority of us blame our diet when it comes to belly fat and try strenuous exercises and dieting. But, for many of us, it becomes difficult to lose belly fat and that perfect tone ripped abs.!!! Well, we have a solution for this belly fat which you have been longing to lose for years.
It is important to know the causes and eliminate them to reduce belly fat. Here are some causes of belly fat :
2) Unhealthy diet
3) Lack of exercise
4) Lack of water intake
5) Defective metabolism
9) Alcohol and smoking
10) Chronic medications
Eliminate some of these causes and see the difference in melting away the belly fat.
Foods to reduce the belly fat
● This is a super drink that can help you reduce belly fat.
● Green tea is rich in antioxidants which can help fight oxygen free radicals and reduce fat
● Green tea helps in boosting metabolism and this is the right way to lose belly fat.
Foods to reduce belly fat: Green tea
Nuts like walnuts, almonds
● Nuts are very rich in amino acids and proteins which can help you keep full
● These healthy munchies are good for a snack and help curb your cravings
● It also reduces your appetite so that you do not indulge in overeating
Foods to reduce belly fat: Nuts
Berries like cranberries, strawberries and don’t forget the Indian Gooseberry
● Berries are a great way to help reduce belly fat
● Berries help aid digestion and improve the metabolism
● Berries are rich in vitamins and minerals which keep you healthy and prevent ageing
Foods to reduce belly fat: Berries
Protein-rich food like eggs, meats, legumes, and whey protein(dairy).
● Protein is the building block for our body
● Eating protein-rich foods helps in increasing muscle mass and reducing fat loss.
● Studies have found that a high protein diet is very important for weight loss
Foods to reduce the belly fat: Protein-rich foods
● A smoothie is everyone’s favourite
● The green vegetables are full of vitamins and minerals which help in weight loss
● Add a banana or honey that can add a dash of taste to your diet to reduce belly fat
Foods to reduce the belly fat: Green smoothies
High fibre foods
● Intake of fibre is great for the “No Hunger” Diet
● Fibre is a secret weight loss ingredient that helps in reducing the belly fat
● A high fibre diet should be included in every meal throughout the day
Foods to reduce belly fat: High-fibre food
Get rid of your belly fat. Start today!
1. Abdominal fat and what to do about it Available at https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/abdominal-fat-and-what-to-do-about-it Accessed on 27 July 2021
2. Taking Aim at Belly Fat – Harvard Health Publishing – Harvard Available at https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/taking-aim-at-belly-fat Accessed on 27 July 2021
3. 8 Ways to Lose Belly Fat and Live a Healthier Life Available at https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/8-ways-to-lose-belly-fat-and-live-a-healthier-life Accessed on 27 July 2021
4. Belly fat in women: Taking — and keeping — it off Available at https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/womens-health/in-depth/belly-fat/art-20045809 Accessed on 27 July 2021