Your Home Is Compromising Your Immunity
- 1 minute read
- Self Care
- Dr. Jatin Bhide
House cleaning: How often do you need to do it?
How often the various parts of a house need to be cleaned depends upon:
- The number of people living in the house
- The number of people who visit often or daily
- How clean people are, do they clean up after meals? Do they take off their shoes on entering the house?
- Do they have pets living in the house?
- Is someone in the house ill?
- Is there a plumbing problem?
- Environmental factors like the house facing a busy street and wind blowing dust into the house
You could follow this timetable:
Several times each day
- Wipe down kitchen top and table after cooking and eating
- Wash dishes and cooking utensils after each
Once each day
- Sweep the floors
- Empty the kitchen rubbish bin
Twice each week
- Wash the floors
- Clean the toilet. If you have a lot of children or visitors are using it or when someone in the house has diarrhea, then clean it every day.
- Clean the shower and hand-basin
- Wash clothes and bed
Once each month
- Clean the stove/oven and refrigerator
- Clean cupboards, windows and walls
- Get rid of cobwebs and dust bunnies on walls and fans
What’s your Reaction?